Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #13--Week 6 Tagging, Folksonomies and Technorati

I think del.icio.us is a very helpful tool. My favorites list on my computers at work and at home don't match up, and it's annoying to use another computer and waste time searching for sites that you already have marked on your home/work computer. This lets you access your favorite sites from any computer and it also gives you easy access to sites or stories that are getting alot of attention. This would be really great for high school and college students doing research on specific topics. I think this will also be very useful in helping me keep up with new happenings in the field of library and information science, so I created my own account and added the SJLibrary's list to my network.


No comments:

Post a Comment